Saturday, November 18, 2006

Not my problem

A: "SHURT UP!"
B:
"@*&#*@!#!"
* A does a flying kick at B and misses and falls down *
* B delivers a punch and hard kick at the back of A's head *
* A retaliates with yet another flying kick, and misses yet again *

A: "He arttack me! I corr poolice!"
* A makes a break for it *
B: "You dun runn away! Dun runn awaaaay!"

(right then I was quite thoroughly amused by the gongfu display being put up, but as I was late meeting a friend, I had to make my way past them)

* A kick which nearly hit me flew across my face. Phew. *

To add on to the effects, there was a group of girls, presumably those 2 guys' friends, who were chanting "eh, stop la.." all the while, with the occasional "eh, dun fight la..".

Oh, and did I forget to mention, this was not some Ong-Bak movie in Thailand, but our very own Ah-Beng gangfight located right inside an MRT station. To be precise, the linkway between the North-East Line and North-South Line.

Well, as you all should know, security has severely tightened the noose around MRT stations due to our desire for a terrorist free Singapore. You won't even be surprised much if a policeman armed to the teeth walks past you in an MRT station. Vigilance is a key issue too, and all of us are trained to report anything suspicious, or anything that disturbs the peace. I'm very sure most Singaporeans practise this mentality, and true enough, one public-spirited gentleman took the initiative to forgo part of the wonderful performance to alert a security personnel at the North-South Line side of Dhoby Ghaut MRT.

Now, if you were thinking how interesting the fight sequence was, wait till you hear the response of the security guy.

Public-spirited man: "Hey there's 2 guys fighting over there could you do something about it"?
Security: * Shuffles a few steps to get a better view *

"Oh, that side ah, I think it is North-East Line's side, not our problem".

There you have it, our peacekeepers doing their best to avoid trouble. I mean, who wants to get into trouble? Surely we can pity the plight of these security personnel in drawing the line between their respective employers hor..

Rubbish. Total rubbish. I'm disappointed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ainsley said...

Haha..why never join in? :P Seriously la..welcome to the real world. No, I don't mean joining in - I mean people either shrugging off responsibility or acting Sir Stamford Raffles. But you'll learn more about it in time to come.. ;)

Anyway...isn't that most people's idea of the best way to avoid trouble - to pretend that you never saw it in the first place? :P

12:25 AM  
Blogger Guoyong said...

hahaa ya Raffles Road, Raffles Institution, and all the Raffles blabla should be renamed Farquhar something. Raffles really did'nt deserve all the mention. All he did was to set foot on the island :D

1:02 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

and pose for the statue :)

1:32 PM  
Blogger manis said...

Thank you for share this informative post.
identity malta opening hours

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home