Thursday, June 05, 2008

1 litre of tears

Health is bliss. Being able to eat my favourite food, talk with friends and loved ones, and even just being able to move from one place to another by myself are experiences which I always neglect, or rather, be complacent about. Watching the show "1 litre of tears" gave me a totally new perspective of life. I used to complain about little things such as the gruelling physical training in army, failing to perform at a sport, or having to walk through the hot sun or wet weather. These just fade away after seeing how someone's life can just fall apart at the tender age of 15 without any warning. It leaves me thinking about what if the same thing happened to me, and how would I cope with it? Would I be able to stay as strong and positive as the girl striken with the diesease? Some things are just easier said than done. Many of us are easily depressed or distracted with setbacks in life, but always remember that these setbacks are usually temporal; they will not stay with you for life and it's always better to move on or start afresh. It is also important to make the extra effort to give hope and love to others, as you never know when the extra mile becomes a legacy left behind by you.

This is written by Aya Ikeuchi, the main character in the show "1 litre of tears" which was produced based on her life story. Her diary holds important and meaningful memories and thoughts written down by her until she could no longer hold a pen. Enjoy and reflect..

“If I were a flower, then now I would be a bud.
I shall treasure the beginning of my youth without any regrets.
This disease, why did it choose me?
Fate. It can't be put into words.
I want to make a time machine and go back in time.
If it wasn't for this disease,
not only I could enjoy falling in love but I also
wouldn’t have to rely on anyone and live by myself.
I really don't want to say things such as 'I want to go back to how things were before.'
I recognize how I am right now, and I will continue to live on.
Therefore I definitely won't run away.
That's what I’ll do. Definitely, always.
Even if it's like that, I still want to stay here.
because this is the place where I am.
If you look up at the sky after falling down the blue sky is also today
stretching limitlessly and smiles at me...I'm alive.
People shouldn’t dwell on the past. It's enough
to try your best in all that you're doing now.
Reality is too cruel, too brutal.
I don’t even have the right to dream.
As i think about the future, the tears will come out again."


“Mom, can I get married?”

So don't do things you will regret. Cherish life! :)

editor's note: click the title to watch the show on another website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home